Proof that the Bible is false

Re: Proof that the Bible is false

Postby Bill » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:51 pm

Chapabel wrote: Again, if this issue is too complex for you, then continue chasing your tail...you're doing a good job at it so far.

Your self proclaimed remit is to ensure that should any of us make erroneous statements about scripture, you would put matters straight.

Those words are so far outside that remit I was exceedingly smitten with the notion of using my censor scissors to make it look as though you had not forgotten why you continue on your mission.

So, I'll tell you what - either admit that you are here to make mock of us, or pack it in. Do neither, and I will gladly assist by making sure that you stay on the straight and narrow from now on.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)
Affiliation: Agnostic

Postby romansh » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 pm

Chapabel wrote:I believe you know exactly where his epistle is currently located. However, when it was written it was simply a personal letter written to believers. I am not sure Peter realized his epistle would be included in the canon of scripture. Again, if this issue is too complex for you, then continue chasing your tail...you're doing a good job at it so far.

OK so you don't think using one part of the Bible to confirm veracity of another part is circular?

Fair enough ... but it does make me wonder about your two masters degrees.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chapabel » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:25 am

Rom, I have before me the textbook I used in teaching Powerplant classes at my previous job. Contributions to the book were made by Mr. Gary E. Hoyle, Dean of Students, Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics; Mr. Tom Wild, Purdue University; Dr. Ronald Sterkenburg, Associate Professor of the Department of Aviation Technology, Purdue University. If Mr. Hoyle makes a statement in the book that is reaffirmed by Dr. Sterkenburg, does this make the textbook circular? Is it invalid because one writer supports another? I believe some of the textbooks you used in school probably had more than a single writer, correct? Does this allow me to call into question your education due to circular reasoning in your textbooks? BTW, I only have the one Masters. I did not complete the other one...life got in the way.

Also, in one of your previous posts, you admitted that it was dripping with sarcasm. I thought that I could insert a little sarcasm in my reply to you, but it appears that as a Christian I am not permitted to do that. My First Amendment rights of expression must be forfeited for me to remain here without fear of having my posts edited or disciplined in some other manner. So if my snarky post hurt your feelings or offended you, please forgive me.
The Bible will always be full of things you cannot understand, as long as you will not live according to those you can understand. – Billy Sunday
Chapabel
Distinguished Prognosticator

Blog: View Blog (3)
Affiliation: Christian

Postby Bill » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:32 am

Chap - Rom fessed up he was making mock. You were asked to do the same. First amendment rights are trumped, on this site, by netiquette. And now you have also fessed up, the matter is closed.

Now that you have dropped the pretense that you are only here to correct errors in scripture, there will be no need for you to be reminded when you have moved outside of your self imposed restriction. Having said that, we do not permit proselytizing, and, despite and First Amendment rights you may think may be violated, no one is permitted on this forum to preach at the rest of the members. This applies to people of all persuasions, and not just those belonging to any of the Abrahamic religions.

Normal service may now be resumed.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby romansh » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 am

Abel
You will find textbooks change with time. Not only as technology changes but as understanding improves/changes. This is a strength. You quite rightly point out that there is circularity in our texts as later editions reference one another. And here is the big difference between in the way you and I approach these things. The textbooks are not the gospel truth and neither is the bible. We are allowed to go out and study the real world, and see how our interpretations grow. I am not sure which age your interpretation of the Bible belongs to, but it is not of the twentieth century.

I find it interesting you taught power plant classes and you are not sure what is enthalpy!
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chapabel » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:53 am

While I agree with you that textbooks are not the Gospel truth, I disagree with you concerning the Bible. I do feel it is absolute truth. You speak of studying the real world, but let me ask you this...have you seriously studied Christianity? I don't mean from an academic view, but from being actively involved? Jane Goodall didn't study chimps from the classroom, she entered the jungle. (I know you will find the humor in my choice of analogy) You appear to have an academic knowledge of Christianity, but do you have a working knowledge? Have you attended a Bible believing church for an extended period of time? Have you participated in small group Bible studies? Have you spent time in fellowship with Christian families? This is the method you should be using to validate your belief in Christianity.

A&P courses teach students how airplanes and their powerplants operate and the methods of repair, but not in their engineering and design. Therefore,enthalpy is not taught.
The Bible will always be full of things you cannot understand, as long as you will not live according to those you can understand. – Billy Sunday
Chapabel

Postby AB517 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 am

I do not mean this in a bad way. A tech is different than an engineer. An engineer is different that a theoretical researcher. There are over laps to be sure. We have to know our place. And be respectful of others. "jesus" taught me these things.

You chap. You have to ask yourself "why do I think as I do?". You have to seek to understand "emotion" verses "physical layout of "you". You can use a power plant layout to help you navigate. It is very similar because they actually uses many of the same rules. But you have to be honest most of all. If you don't understand the why the parts are what they are then your take on what is going on may be incomplete.

Your take on the christian religion is like saying to heat a home you "must use boiling water" or you are going hell. How silly does that sound? "Christ" teaches to use "warmth" to keep warm. "warmth" is an "event", use "god" to be "god". lmao, it so clear it soundss funny to say. :shock: Like I f'en know anything.

What if I said ...
"if I don't see any water, you aint heating anything, thus your warmth is false!!!!!" :|

Again. Take what I say to your peep's and let them desided. I claim no absolute truth. I only claim to do the best we can with what god has given us.
AB517

Postby Chapabel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:30 am

AB, if the cloud spoke to the earth concerning a waterfall, does this indicate a change of direction for the ant? What do you believe would happen if the engineer laid down and kissed the grass? I completely and fully believe that a bookshelf set on its side loses its luster. These are the reasons I cannot accept your view and present them to my peeps.
Chapabel

Postby AB517 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 am

Lets look at what you said and compare it to what I said:

1) if a cloud spoke to the earth about a water fall?
2) would/does it indicate a change in direction of an ant?
3)what do I believe would happen if the engineer laid down to kiss an grass?

Then you said:
1) that you believe a book self laid on its side loses luster.
2) You then use these statements as evidence to counter my view.

There is a couple of ways to suppress the truth. One, crucify it. two, do not respond in any way to its questions. Basically ignore it. Number three is to twist it up beyond all recognition. Four, flat out lie in the face of the data presented. These chap, are tools used to kill Christ in all of us. :|
AB517

Postby Chapabel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 am

Sorry AB, but you are looking at the finger instead of the hand. The grass, the cloud, the ant and the waterfall are taking your eyes off of the prize. Now you see why I cannot present your view to my peeps. The bookcase was the key to unlocking the person you think you are.
Chapabel

PreviousNext

Return to Deism, Theism & Atheism: God Talk