Proof that the Bible is false

Re: Proof that the Bible is false

Postby Chapabel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Also AB, when you understand the precept of a rooster facing north on the top of a barn laying an egg and it falls neither to the east or west, then you will begin to comprehend the similitudes of Old Testament principles brought about by the unraveling of ancient texts. Only then will your senses be in tune with the air and water around you. Until then you and your peeps are nose-blind to the rug-burns brought about by random searches. I hope this helps you understand what my beliefs are based on.
The Bible will always be full of things you cannot understand, as long as you will not live according to those you can understand. – Billy Sunday
Chapabel
Distinguished Prognosticator

Blog: View Blog (3)
Affiliation: Christian

Postby AB517 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Teachers that use the strength of the students tend to produce better teachers. The joy that this brings is overwhelming and universal.

yours only produce bible quoters. No better than the torah quoters in Jesus time some 2000 years ago. These Pharisees (bible quoters) killed him for not quoting them.

You can't give your flock food for thought. :no:
AB517

Postby Chapabel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:02 pm

I provide plenty of food for the flock. You simply can't comprehend the importance of the ant and the rooster. Your tongue is wrapped around your eye tooth and you can't see what you're saying. As a teacher I have found it is always better to teach at the student's level. I have no problems at church with the flock understanding the point I am trying to bring out. You seem to be stuck in the middle of complete understanding and complete ignorance. I cannot make it any simpler for you. Perhaps you need more instruction in the theory of gravitational regeneration. I dunno. Oh well, good luck sorting it all out.
The Bible will always be full of things you cannot understand, as long as you will not live according to those you can understand. – Billy Sunday
Chapabel

Postby Bill » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:21 pm

You have to give it to him, AB. If he screws up your message that much, it is far, far better he does not repeat it to some others who are only used to him speaking literally.

Even if he does think that Roosters lay eggs. Let him use that parable to his flock and wait for the hoots of derision come from his words, not a screwed up version of yours.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)
Affiliation: Agnostic

Postby romansh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:49 pm

Chapabel wrote:While I agree with you that textbooks are not the Gospel truth, I disagree with you concerning the Bible. I do feel it is absolute truth. You speak of studying the real world, but let me ask you this...have you seriously studied Christianity? I don't mean from an academic view, but from being actively involved? Jane Goodall didn't study chimps from the classroom, she entered the jungle. (I know you will find the humor in my choice of analogy) You appear to have an academic knowledge of Christianity, but do you have a working knowledge? Have you attended a Bible believing church for an extended period of time? Have you participated in small group Bible studies? Have you spent time in fellowship with Christian families? This is the method you should be using to validate your belief in Christianity.

While you feeling that the bible is the absolute truth is interesting, your feeling is far from convincing.

Do I have a working knowledge, probably not; but I do have a working understanding of Christianity, and it seems to be much broader and more more accepting than yours.

No I have not attended a literal church for an extended period of time, unless you include my formative years and Lutheran as a bonfire church. Yes I have spent time with literalist Christians ... Yes they are human with foibles like the rest of us.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chapabel » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:55 pm

It's not my responsibility to convince you Rom. All I can do is point you in the direction. After that, it is completely up to you. Unless you are willing to go all Jane Goodall on us, you will never have a complete understanding of Christianity. It's one thing to criticize the player and quite another thing to play the game your self.
Chapabel

Postby romansh » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Chapabel wrote:It's not my responsibility to convince you Rom. All I can do is point you in the direction. After that, it is completely up to you. Unless you are willing to go all Jane Goodall on us, you will never have a complete understanding of Christianity. It's one thing to criticize the player and quite another thing to play the game your self.

Ah. I did not know jane Goodall became a chimpanzee to gain a better understanding of chimpanzees.

Interesting.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chapabel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:00 am

romansh wrote:
Chapabel wrote:It's not my responsibility to convince you Rom. All I can do is point you in the direction. After that, it is completely up to you. Unless you are willing to go all Jane Goodall on us, you will never have a complete understanding of Christianity. It's one thing to criticize the player and quite another thing to play the game your self.

Ah. I did not know jane Goodall became a chimpanzee to gain a better understanding of chimpanzees.

Interesting.

Touché ;)
Chapabel

Postby AB517 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:01 am

you are right bill.

chap,
Literally translate the following quote.

"People should turn on bible thumpers as fast as Jesus turned on Torah thumpers." :|
AB517

Postby Chapabel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 am

The proper translation would be thus:
"People should enliven bible believers as fast as Jesus condemned legalists."
Chapabel

PreviousNext

Return to Deism, Theism & Atheism: God Talk