Sex

Re: Sex

Postby Ayn Marx » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:56 pm

AB517 wrote:I know one thing. some times Forcing fags into a place where they are not always wanted aint right either. let them go start their own Christian church. oh right, it's not discrimination when you force gays on straights ... sorry, my bad. I take it back. wouldn't wanta go against fad followers. :lol:

And often you'll find fags ( love that word, it's meaning so deeply tied in with the early Christian practice of burning homosexuals along with witches) have no desire whatever to join groups of bigots. What people like you don't ever appear to realise is fags are already with you and have been for centuries hiding within the camouflage of heterosexual marriage and within the priesthood and other 'respectable' guises. Add to this the fact that the dividing lines between gay and straight are nowhere near as black and white as you imagine and I'd be looking over my shoulder a lot more often if I had your insecurities.
The Human Race is Insane
Ayn Marx

Affiliation: Agnostic

Postby whateverist » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:58 am

In 1970 it occurred to me that the repulsion I intuitively felt toward male homosexuality probably wasn't natural. Living in a time when MLK jr was leading marches for one group of oppressed people and when the roles of women were being examined, it didn't seem right to me to just go down the line to the next whipping boy. So I thought some more about it and questioned those feelings when they arose and eventually they left. Not missed. I have plenty of gay friends. Truth is I probably enjoy their company more on average than the run of the mill hetero guy. The same inhibition which keeps you afraid of homosexual feelings probably inhibits your natural expression in many other ways to. It can affect written expression, creativity, dance and just a general trust that what you like is okay or even good. Kick out all the boogy men, AB. None of them do you any good.
You can call me Mark or whatever.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
whateverist
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ayn Marx » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:01 pm

whateverist wrote:In 1970 it occurred to me that the repulsion I intuitively felt toward male homosexuality probably wasn't natural.

I'm not so sure it isn't natural given the evolutionary pressure to re-populate after the carnage of intertribal warfare. We are however, one hopes, evolving beyond that.
We should also acknowledge the peculiar (queer?) phenomena of internalised homophia within gays themselves, a sin I know I've been guilty of in the past.
There are some other worrying aspects of human nature we should ponder in this context. Take for instance male heterosexuals having an almost exclusive claim the being prone to killing their female ex partners and their own children. I suspect evolutionary psychology may be able to tell us something about this very dark and all too common occurrence.

http://psycnet.apa.org/journals/psp/97/1/103/
http://www.toddkshackelford.com/downloa ... V-2008.pdf
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1 ... MwOBksmTfU
http://www.humankinetics.com/AcuCustom/ ... m/8308.pdf
The Human Race is Insane
Ayn Marx

Postby Carol » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:44 am

The part that gets me is many homophobes think ALL homosexuals are child molesters. I heard a person say just this week, "I sure wouldn't want my kid around any homosexual pervert." This is a common attitude...and this comment came from a (loving?) Christian, a person I used to go to church with back in the day.
"These people believe there is no truth to seek in nature, but only in the comparison of texts." Galileo
Carol
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Ayn Marx » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:22 am

Carol wrote:The part that gets me is many homophobes think ALL homosexuals are child molesters. I heard a person say just this week, "I sure wouldn't want my kid around any homosexual pervert." This is a common attitude...and this comment came from a (loving?) Christian, a person I used to go to church with back in the day.

The the term 'Christian person' covers a multitude of sins.
If you pay attention to news reports of about pedophiles you'll notice a commonly used phrase "homosexual pedophile' . You never hear the terms' heterosexual pedophile' or 'bisexual pedophile'. This, despite the fact a high percentage of pedophile pray on both sexes.
Not wanting their children around 'homosexual perverts' could also be due to the common misconception many parents have that homosexuality is taught. Putin in all his closeted neuroticism appears to believe this.
The Human Race is Insane
Ayn Marx

Postby AB517 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 am

Hobo's and Leslie's should get every right afforded to the average citizen. It aint that hard. But we should be able to have "clubs" or 'groups that gather" that can choose who is in and who is out too. With limits of course. Good thing we will create "AI" soon. then this gay hate thing will probably go away. Like it should.

thing about personal stories on the net is I never know if they true anymore. Sick people do sick things I guess. :roll:
AB517
Distinguished Prognosticator
Distinguished Prognosticator

Postby Ayn Marx » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:39 am

AB517 wrote: Good thing we will create "AI" soon. then this gay hate thing will probably go away.

I can't for the life of me see why 'AI' would remove this gay hate thing. In fact if we don't watch our backs "AI" could well remove our entire species.
Some might say that's not a bad thing until a passing autonomous highly intelligent armed drone decides they're useless and shoots them.
The Human Race is Insane
Ayn Marx

Postby Bill » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:46 am

There are a number of reasonably enjoyable sci fi flicks built on the initial premise that AI has started to wage war on humankind. None of the script writers ever take time out to explain why AI has spawned such hostility to humans, and from playing around with thought experiments, it is nigh on impossible to come up with a reasonable explanation of such somewhat bizarre conduct by the machines.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby Ayn Marx » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:09 pm

Bill wrote:There are a number of reasonably enjoyable sci fi flicks built on the initial premise that AI has started to wage war on humankind. None of the script writers ever take time out to explain why AI has spawned such hostility to humans, and from playing around with thought experiments, it is nigh on impossible to come up with a reasonable explanation of such somewhat bizarre conduct by the machines.

If machines were initially programmed by a psychotic human to be antagonistic towards our species I suggest a disasterous outcome for humanity is a reasonable assumption.
But hey, any genetic algorithm embodied in a form of artificial intelligence (able to manipulate/influence it's environment) with simple self preservation as it's prime objective will accomplish the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_algorithm
The Human Race is Insane
Ayn Marx

Postby Thoughtage » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:52 am

None of the script writers ever take time out to explain why AI has spawned such hostility to humans, and from playing around with thought experiments, it is nigh on impossible to come up with a reasonable explanation of such somewhat bizarre conduct by the machines.

It seems a reasonable theory to me. The children machines reflect the nature of their human parents. At least in the beginning, such machines would be created in our image, just like, you know, we were supposedly created in God's image.

It's less clear what happens over time as the machines take over the job of creating themselves.
Thoughtage

PreviousNext

Return to Ethics, Morality, & Laws