Is Agnostics International Forum on the way to extinction?

If you would like to see a new feature, a change in procedure or anything else let us know.

Re: Is Agnostics International Forum on the way to extinctio

Postby Bill » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:30 am

We have nearly 700 followers of our Facebook page and all members of this Forum are invited to post talking points to that page.

I have no idea why they follow us on FB but do not come in here to join our discussions,
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)
Affiliation: Agnostic

Postby Dissily Mordentroge » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Then count me out. I hate facebook, a counterintuitive, inefficient and ugly means of communication. I refuse to go anywhere near it.
The Human Race is Insane.
Dissily Mordentroge

Postby Dissily Mordentroge » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Dissily Mordentroge wrote:Then count me out. I hate facebook, a counterintuitive, inefficient and ugly means of communication. I refuse to go anywhere near it.

I've tried my best to get this site out of the dumps but it's still often like screaming into an empty room.
I still think the best way to increase traffic here is to replace the sub-heading 'A forum for people of all pursuasions'.
How many people are searching for a forum for 'people of all pursuasions' ? It makes no sense to me.
So, if I eventually wander of in a disinterested pique all two of you know why.
The Human Race is Insane.
Dissily Mordentroge

Postby romansh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:35 am

Dissily Mordentroge wrote:
Dissily Mordentroge wrote:Then count me out. I hate facebook, a counterintuitive, inefficient and ugly means of communication. I refuse to go anywhere near it.

I've tried my best to get this site out of the dumps but it's still often like screaming into an empty room.
I still think the best way to increase traffic here is to replace the sub-heading 'A forum for people of all pursuasions'.
How many people are searching for a forum for 'people of all pursuasions' ? It makes no sense to me.
So, if I eventually wander of in a disinterested pique all two of you know why.

Funnily enough the site was really active when we had people of different pesuasions here.

While there are many reasons why this site has died down, barely an ember now, I don't think it is because agnostics want an exclusive club. As an agnostic I would hope we are open to other points of view and if we find them incompatible we can surely mount a reasoned argument.

Weather has been hot. But cooling off at the moment ... a lot of smoke from nearby-ish fires.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forum Business