I long await the cosmic renewal of 1960s-80s society

Discussions related to politics and social issues
(the impact of religion on society)

I long await the cosmic renewal of 1960s-80s society

Postby GeorgeWBushFan7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:59 pm

I long await the cosmic renewal and revival of the times of the 1960s to the 1980s in the world. I hope if there is some kind of spirit or God out there (which I believe there more likely is), that he renews that kind of society on Earth. Things are very different today than that long ago, some good. But there are a lot of very bad things going on today too. I also dread the futurist technological singularity where machines become smarter than we are. I want the 60s-80s to come back. And I'm only 23 though.

What are your opinions?
GeorgeWBushFan7

Affiliation: Agnostic

Re: I long await the cosmic renewal of 1960s-80s society

Postby romansh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:39 am

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carrie » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:18 am

I miss some aspects of the 80's but probably because the majority of my childhood and teen years spanned the 80's. I don't miss the big hair though, my hair was never built that way. It's super straight and going to stay that way unless I fry it with chemicals and and various curling devices. Live and learn. :)
I don't miss the clothes of the 70's. I hated those bell bottom pants and some of the colors when I was a kid. I hear many things about the 60's. Some good and some bad. I do wish I could pay some of the 60's to 80's prices for housing these days. :D
As for the way society was... I don't know... it seemed to have it's ups and downs just like all the other times in history.

I am rambling today. It's still early for me.
Carrie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby romansh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi Carrie
Funnily enough I miss my hair of the eighties.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carrie » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:56 am

romansh wrote:Hi Carrie
Funnily enough I miss my hair of the eighties.

If continued to fry my hair I would probably feel the same way now. :)
Carrie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby romansh » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:34 pm

On the way home from Elkford, I was listening on the radio (CBC)

There was a bit on debate whether Phil Collins should make a comeback or not. Surreal I know. Apparently there is online petition asking Collins does not make a comeback as he, according to some, epitomizes the worst aspect of the eighties. Two on telephone pundits duked it out.

Can't say I was impressed with that bit of CBC radio.
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Carrie » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 pm

romansh wrote:On the way home from Elkford, I was listening on the radio (CBC)

There was a bit on debate whether Phil Collins should make a comeback or not. Surreal I know. Apparently there is online petition asking Collins does not make a comeback as he, according to some, epitomizes the worst aspect of the eighties. Two on telephone pundits duked it out.

Can't say I was impressed with that bit of CBC radio.

Why would anyone say that Phil Collins epitomizes the worst of the 80's? He didn't need any gimmicks to prove he had talent. Sometimes people take pop culture WAY too seriously.
Carrie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby romansh » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:52 pm

Carrie wrote: Why would anyone say that Phil Collins epitomizes the worst of the 80's? He didn't need any gimmicks to prove he had talent. Sometimes people take pop culture WAY too seriously.

I gather he was(is) a bit of a Conservative, and that after his first two or three solo releases his music was not as original as it could have been.

Having said that, in my youth I was bit of a Genesis fan (particularly before they became famous). I stopped following Genesis when they consistently were sounding like Phil Colin's back up band. That said that the rot had set in much earlier ... I remember watching Pan's People dance to one of Genesis' s songs ... I understood this to be the end.

Bill will understand.
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Political and Social Discussions