The Bouncy Rubber Ball Syndrome

Discussions related to politics and social issues
(the impact of religion on society)

The Bouncy Rubber Ball Syndrome

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:57 am

When a burglar is in dire straits, cornered by a rabid guard dog eager to eat calf flesh, the last desperate ploy to escape is the bouncy rubber ball diversion. The perp throws a brightly colored bouncy ball into the middle distance and relies on canine instinctive behavior to make it run after it. giving breathing space to make some sort of escape.

It might be sheer coincidence, but every time Gropenfuhrer Trump is in a media mess, the news equivalent of a bouncy rubber ball suddenly appears, and has every reporter and commentator in the land chasing down a freshly dug rabbit hole. The most common version the outrageous pre-dawn tweet that turns discussions on serious issues into fair ground side shows. Then his aides may make some silly claim, which then possibly hog the airways for a full news-cycle. I am reasonably sure that KellyAnne Conway's "Buy Mrs Trump's brand of baubles" and "microwaves can be used as spy cameras" were not innocent slips of the tongue. She is to Trump what Goebbels was to Hitler, so misdirection and denial are the first orders of business.

So. On March 14, 2017 the entire focus of the media was on the disastrous rift between the GOP and the Whitehouse over the badly conceived Trumpcare revision of the ACA. A really, really good bouncy rubber ball is desperately needed. And would you believe it? Some one leaked the first two pages of Trump's 2005 tax return! What wonderful happen chance. Because for a couple of hours. every media outlet was chasing what the leak of the Trump Tax Return had revealed to us. (Spoiler alert: Not much).

But even the most playful guard dog eventually tires of chasing bouncy rubber balls when delicious calf flesh is near to paw. Which is why today a number of observers note keenly that the return is stamped "Client Copy" - it is for Trump's own personal file. And despite all the attempts of the administration to make the "illegality" of publishing a 1040 the issue of the day, the media has moved back to the topic of health reform and Russian ties.

I have no evidence to make a claim that Trump leaked his own tax return and chose the one that would cause least fall-out. There is no smoking gun. Just a strong whiff of cordite.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)
Affiliation: Agnostic

Re: The Bouncy Rubber Ball Syndrome

Postby romansh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:56 am

Yeah ... one the pundits on the Anderson "show" on CNN intimated as much.

To say I hate Trump would be way too strong. But I really don't like the way the Trump-mechanism is unfolding.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bill » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am

It would be nice if every BRB thrown by the Herr Gropenfuhrer, or one of his minions, was always met by a "why are to trying to distract us again?" response.
The only reality is the moment that we call "Now".
= = = =
We evolved to seek dinner, not to seek the truth - Mark Whatever
Bill
Site Admin
Site Admin

Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby romansh » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:36 am

Bill wrote:It would be nice if every BRB thrown by the Herr Gropenfuhrer, or one of his minions, was always met by a "why are to trying to distract us again?" response.

When I play squash I might fake a shot to send my opponent in the wrong direction? Is that fair? It is up to the opponent to keep an eye on the game and understand what I am trying to do. Unless I am cheating there is no higher authority to appeal to. Now if I pull a hanky out of a pocket and spill mints on to the floor then my opponent my have cause to appeal. Funnily enough I have seen that done.

It would be nice if the pundits ignored the bouncing rubber ball and concentrated on the flesh.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dissily Mordentroge » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:38 am

romansh wrote:
Bill wrote:. - - - - - - - It would be nice if the pundits ignored the bouncing rubber ball and concentrated on the flesh.

But the US media have learnt the US public can't resist a bouncy rubber ball.
The Human Race is Insane.
Dissily Mordentroge

Return to Political and Social Discussions