The Gates and Buffett

Discussions related to politics and social issues
(the impact of religion on society)

The Gates and Buffett

Postby romansh » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:10 pm

OK Trump is not the great businessman he makes out to be. There are several reasons and OK he does not have the wealth to make the impact Gates and Buffett can make.

But just came across this exchange between Gates and Buffett. It highlights the styles between two richest men in the world and Trump.

Certainly Trump is rich but he does seem like an also ran in terms of billionaires ... He is currently bouncing around the 500th mark with and estimated value of 3.5 G$ (Forbes)

Having said that, although he got beaten down in the nineties ... his clawed he way back. Some might ask over whose?

Also something to bear in mind Trump could have simply invested in the Dow in 1982 and have done just as well over the 35 years. Though to be fair he did beat the Dow over the last twenty years.

Anyway ... the Gates and Buffett have a better understanding of wealth than Trump ever could do.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Affiliation: Agnostic

Re: The Gates and Buffett

Postby whateverist » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:54 pm

I assume those are millions of dollars of estimated wealth. How certain are we and have they adequately accounted for all he owes? Hard to imagine how any bank could make a determination of his ability to repay given how chaotic he's been.
You can call me Mark or whatever.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
whateverist
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Gates and Buffett

Postby romansh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:18 pm

whateverist wrote:I assume those are millions of dollars of estimated wealth. How certain are we and have they adequately accounted for all he owes? Hard to imagine how any bank could make a determination of his ability to repay given how chaotic he's been.

G = giga = billion = B ... so it is billions of wealth.

I am giving the Forbes magazine the benefit of the doubt and assuming they know what they are doing when it comes to assessing wealth.

I got a little carried away ... I meant it to be focussing on Gates and Buffett ...sorry.
"That's right!" shouted Vroomfondel, "we demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
Douglas Adams
romansh
Site Admin
Site Admin

Affiliation: Agnostic

Return to Political and Social Discussions